Adjusted Plans Drive N Dine
Randy and Sherry had planned for a extended drive event on June 30 through the wilds of Hancock County, but unfortunately the weather gods decided to hamper our get together. With cloudy skies a group of us from the NW side met at Greg & Donna's for a caravan to Randy & Sherry's house. We were to leave Greg's at around 1:00 PM, but a call from Randy at that time said that a storm was going through at their house. With further review of radar and predictions of possible heavy storms in late afternoon it was decided to not do the drive and save if for a better weather day. Since we had a number of the group already assembled it was decided to just go to Max & Erma's for lunch, as everyone could make a mad dash for cover if the weather started. There was a good group with 7 Corvettes making the short run. Those attending were Sarah, Arminta, Jim & Shelly, Greg & Donna, Bill & Erika, Susie & Terry, Rich & Suzanne, with Dick and Bonnie able to meet us at the restaurant with their 'hot rod Lincoln'. Lunch was fun and there were thoughts of doing a quick ice cream run, but that was vetoed as the weather radar on a phone did not look promising. So everyone left dry and scurried to their garages before the storms rolled in on this Saturday afternoon. We all will be looking forward to a reschedule date for the cruise through Hancock County.